Way back when no boyfriends existed in my life I had a best
friend name ‘L’ (not real name)
She was the most beautiful friend I’ve ever known. Many
people thought we were sisters, as we were both inseparable. Back then, I
always wished that I was as lucky as her. Her uniform was always neatly ironed; her hair
was neatly combed and tied up with ribbons, she has the prettiest pencil box,
school bag and of course, L was the favorite to many teachers in school.
I was her shadow.
It was the Sports Day of 1997 at my primary school. L and I were neither
in the same team nor class that year. I was in the yellow team she was in the
hot red team. That year, my team won.
As I proudly wore my medal, I rushed out the crowd to look
for L to show her. I saw her crying at the field bench. I knew why she cried,
she didn’t get to go home with a medal like mine.
I gave her my medal to take it home.
When I got home, and told my family that I won, they asked
me where my medal was? I remember, my siblings started making fun of me
thinking I lost. It didn’t matter to me that time as giving L my medal was
actually the best feeling ever. I made my best friend happy.
When we were both 12 years old, L wanted to join the ‘Tunas
Puteri’ hike to Bukit Gasing. She needed company, and so, not letting her down, I
promise I will company her for the hike.
In the morning, I had an asthma attack. I insisted to still
go for the hike when my mum told me to rest. “I promised” I said, and a promise
to a friend should never be broken.
Panting with ventolin in my hands, I still went for the damn
hike. I was slow as I was out of breath. We made it to the top and I was half
dead by the time we reached the hill.
Come high school L was the cheerleader, the Leo club member the
one that sings to Britney’s tunes and I was the hockey, tennis player, and a
cadet in the Police club who plays the guitar learning tabs and chords. As the
days, weeks, months and years gone by, slowly we were apart.
Many times I wondered why and how it happened. We never talked
or smiled whenever we passed by each other. One day a little birdy told me that
L’s parents were not fond of me being her friend and thought that I was a bad
influence.
I have to admit that I was a messy one in school. Some
friends might remember I was always the one climbing the fences to get a quick
smoke outside school. I was the one who was always missing classes. Oh those
tantrum days.
Her new group of friends always… and I say ALWAYS gave me a
stare like I don’t belong in their Bimbo Circle.
I put my feet down to accept that I was a wreck. Slowly, i
let the friendship go and wished her and her pretentious friends who think they
are all the Serena and Blair of the damn school success in studies and future.
Who am I kidding ‘Fuck you bitches!’
Now, some Serena and Blair kinds ended up manning the
service counter in TANGS stores all I know. Call me horrible, but yea.
at they're utmost proudest phase of life, they should
know that, being all bitchy will not bring your cheerleader ass anywhere. As
you step out of high school, no one cares who you are. You are nobody but the
lame Jane and John Doe’s. Everyone is equally judge as that little step you
take to go to college is like a new life all together. It is a second chance to
know yourself better. You have two path to choose, the bad or the good. the weird or the cool. the low or high profile etc
So, be honest and nice.
Karma bites your ass when you least
expected it. Karma bites Bitchy ass' thrice.
I started new and threw all my fellow school friends away
to give myself a second chance, a different crowd and to search for worthy ones. I was and still am very
cautious with the girls I mix with. I’m sorry, but I choose my girlfriends as I
keep those who are not a bloody baby. And just like how I’d breathlessly climbed
the hill for L, I’ll do the same, or maybe climb a higher hill for the lady
friends I keep any damn time.
How it was in high school affected me and made me who I am
today too. That feeling of envy but loyal, cared but estranged, proud but down
to earth, changed me. It made me worked not twice but thrice as hard in college than I ever
did in school. Not entirely in academics but a sort of motivation to plant at least some good worth to
myself. Sheesh I had awesome fun in college I really did! Now, I am grooming myself
to manage my own company one day. Insyaallah.
It is less than the fingers i have but now, I have great bunch of girl friends who never, NEVER look
down on me like how high school did. (i welcome more! i don't bite i swear!)
some of the beautiful bunch
Whenninaspeaks:-
"I am glad I climbed the school fence. I guess I was
gutsy and more curious to know about the outside world behind those bloody fence you chose to be in!"
i.am.far.from.the.usual.








I don't like this L. L and her parents suck!boo hoo!!! by the way this is your Uncle Cha hehehe...
ReplyDeleteLOL. and people ask me why i dun have many girlfriends.just sharing a bad experience. love you uncle
ReplyDelete