" In this damn corner, looking through all my thoughts and looking over my shoulder."



A story book


This is a story about Mr. Bear. He is a big dark man who walks with his head down as if he is embarrassed to have eye contact with anyone. In his tight red checkered shirt he gives me an overwhelmed feeling as if I want to tilt my head a little and ask “hello dear, are you alright there?”
He has sparkling small eyes hidden behind his huge spectacles crooked on his tiny nose.
When he smiles it is as if you are smiling to a baby bear. Even a simple good morning greet to him, it could only lead you to a very big but soft hushed voice of a reply.
Mr. Bear carries an electrical career background but has a tremendous interest in IT. He works as an IT guy in the office and has been nothing less but helpful to me especially on my first few days and to many other people here in the office.
Without an IT background or education, Mr Bear managed to resolves any problem that occurs to any individual laptops or PC here. Regardless if it took him days or weeks for him to scratch his head wondering which button to press or wires to untangle, he did it with an open heart and for the reason of interest not realizing that his biggest contribution is helping others.
I was dazed earlier this morning when I heard an incident between Mr Bear and the Big Boss Chimp a "Wall Street" obnoxious type. One day, Mr. Bear had to fix a laptop owned by the Big Boss Chimp. He went in the office and humbly fiddled with the broken laptop. Big Boss Chimp got impatient and yelled to his face with vulgar words that hurt him. Although I don’t know Mr Bear at all and although this story is what I heard not seen, I felt angry with Big Boss Chimp.
This is a story about Mr. Bear,
From my first day at work, I’d said to myself I’ll never hurt, be harsh or rude to this checkered shirt bear man because whenever I see him I always have this warmth feeling in me. I always give him a smile or little chats in the lifts whenever I bump into him, always say thank you when he fixes my lap top also saying please in each request I needed.
 I am not a Bully.

Some people are just too obsessed with power and statuses. Bullies think they could push people around to get what they want all the time. Bullies are impatient, obnoxious, opportunist and selfish son of &@#*&
When things like this happens many would turn the table to people like Mr Bear for not being hard headed or learn to stand for themselves.
But what if some people just can’t do that? What if some people just can’t stand for themselves?
Here in Malaysia, many carried manners and a kind heart to others. And all this chimps comes around bullying kind hearted people for.. what exactly? To feel good? To have power?
“Power means the ability to control one’s environment or other entities.” wiki
I was watching a series called OUTCASTS last night. Human being trying to restart their lives in another planet called Carpathia. The society in carpathia started with a pledge of no killing another human being, to not repeat what was done on earth. There were no hierarchy of any kind and governments are just to provide whatever they should for the rest of the human beings there in the Carpathia. But still, gangsterisms, thugs in groups slowly grow and ended up to be a bully to those who wishes a second life in Carpathia.
Even cats! There was a lost kitten in my front porch. It was scared but careful at the same time. As I was observing the little one, slowly from the other edge of my eyes I could see my cat, mimi moving slowly in a position to attack. Before she could attack the little one, I yelled “MIMI! Don’t be a bully!!”.
The funny thing was that many stray cats, mimi’s size was always mingling in front of our porch and mingling my cat’s food. I have 5 big spoiled cats and out of the 5 cats I have, none actually attack the strays to get lost.
But when it comes to that little kitten, being very small, mimi actually wanted to attack it.
The same here I guess in us humans. The big bullies the little, the smart bullies the dumb the fast bullies the slow. This happens everywhere.
Let us not be big boss chimps. Let us not be Mr Bear. It’s always good to have a lil of both I must say. To be Mr Bear and to only use Big Boss chimps way when needed.   
"People are only mean when they're threatened, and that's what our culture does...And when you get threatened, you start looking out only for yourself. You start making money a god. It is all part of this culture." By Mitch Albolm (p.42), Tuesdays with Morie

Whenninaspeaks :

"when you grow up, chachik will beat the crap out of any kid trynna be funny with you :)"

No comments:

Post a Comment