The first time I read about I-amtv was in Junkonline when they wrote if it was possible for this lil company to reach their goals; Broadcasting Malaysian indie bands to the region. You see, I am a huge indie+commercial+rock+slow rock+a lil bit of slipknot-y+a lil bit of gun & roses+a pinch of mellow aqualung+whole lot of muse+the fray ... (the list would be threading this post so i'm gonna stop here)fan. So when there is an assignment at work such as looking for a possible partnership for Malaysian Today's SYOKSHOCK Student Night, my priority to google, would definitely be the word 'indie' :) and the result brought me to http://www.i-amtv.com/
Call me lame, but to me, just like those who are creative, talented in other regions such as Indonesia deserves to be highlighted as the remarkable indie creatizens and talents. And I am talking about anything or anyone as long as its not binded with any contract or managed by a manager.
Anyway, I managed to write my first short piece in the paper last year and am delighted to share it with those who didnt ran for the paper in your colleges, grabbed it from the LRT station or have no fingers to like type http://www.malaysiantoday.com.my/
Finally, Truly , Indie
By Nina Kamalia Azhar
Now, Indie bands can really pursue their careers and promote their music without having to be committed to anyone hoping to cash in or ride on their potential. The true Indie spirit can finally be unleashed.
Independent music bands in the country may be just getting the break they have been hoping for – a company that will help put their music videos together and promote them as well without tying them up; I-amtv is an Irish based company with Malaysian partners, established in 2007. And how does this platform function? I-amtv business development director of Independent Asian Music TV, Abdul Karim Norazit says the company records live performances of bands. These recordings eventually become part of I-amtv’s programme for telecast over the chosen media/platform.
Over the last two years since its establishment, these guys have been working hard to build up their content coming from all over Asia. Besides music videos and live concerts and interviews, I-amtv also features extreme sports.
LATEST UPDATE : I-amtv is looking for a VJ to come on board to travel around hosting the videos shot in Gigs / Concerts around the region. So what you waiting for peeps! simply log onto www.i-amtv.com for more info.
p.s : if anyone were to ask me if this might really work and helpout the exposure of our local indie talents? i would say ....
Abso-fuckinglutely my love~
Whole Lotta Rock & baskin Robbin's Butter Pecan,
Sincerely,
Azrina 'Nina' Kamalia Azhar
In this note :
I - amtv




No comments:
Post a Comment